Saturday, June 5, 2010

La Pasta è Una Buona Cosa

Translation: Pasta is a good thing
I love pasta. I love it because it can be elegant, rustic, sexy, and simple. I love it because, generally, it is easy to whip up. Most of the time, it can be prepared on the stove top with not much trouble. I love it, because it does not require a zillion ingredients...sometimes all it needs is a little butter and a sprinkle of cheese. Yes, pasta is our friend...now my hips will strongly disagree...but my heart...it is in love.
This recipe is a fabulous side dish, as well a as an entree. You can serve it with grilled chicken or on its own. It is a tasty go to dish-when you are in a hurry..this can be whipped up in minutes. And of course, because it is rich and cheesy, your family will love it. I am going to be sending this recipe to Reeni over at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice (great name hugh?) for her Side Dish Showdown for June
Side Dish Showdown Blogger Event

Easy Tortellini Alfredo Rosa

1/4 cup red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
3 tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups half and half (milk)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
15 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
4 Tablespoons parsley
6 cups tortellini, cooked


In a heavy saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the butter and olive oil for two minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for just about a minute, making sure to mix in well. Slowly add the white wine, stirring constantly and then the cream slowly. You can add milk to reduce the fat a bit- I even use skim. stir the white sauce until it is creamy and smooth. Next, add the tomatoes and stir well. Reduce heat to a simmer, and add the cheese and parsley. Finally, add the pasta. For best results, boil the pasta, drain it, and then add it directly to the sauce-don't rinse it! Sprinkle with a bit of fresh Parmesan...enjoy!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

OMG that looks so good I am going to fix that hopefully on Fathers day Thank you for posting it

Always
Lydia

bonnie said...

i'm with you I love pasta, ya my hips complain, but who listens to them...great recipe..

sweetlife

Cinnamon-Girl said...

This looks so rich and creamy and totally delicious! I'm so happy you sent it to the Showdown - thank-you!!

P.S. Did you do know there's another blog with the same exact name as yours?

Joanne said...

I love a good pasta dish, and with this rosa sauce it looks and sounds dreamy!