Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh my gosh, I am having a week...I know it's only Tuesday...but Wednesday is just a few hours away.....AAAGH! So, would you be terribly upset with me if I just leave you with a simple and delicious recipe tonight without sticking around to chat? I just want you to know I am thinking of you and I love you so!
Alright now...with that said, I'm outta here. If I'm not back soon, call the authorities....they'll probably already have me in custody...I'm just sayin'
GRILLED SHRIMP COCKTAIL
printable version

About 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
4 cloves garlic, mashed
5 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
10-12 skewers

Soak skewers in water for twenty minutes. Skewer 5-6 shrimp per stick. Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill shrimp for four minutes on each side.

COCKTAIL SAUCE

1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, or to taste
3 scallions
1 celery stalk

Combine the ketchup, lemon juice, celery, scallion, and horseradish to taste.

4 comments:

Stephanie McGee said...

Very little can beat homemade cocktail sauce. Hope your week turns around!

Gitte said...

You just can't go wrong with Shrimp, delicious. And you make your own Cocktail sauce, very nice.

sweetlife said...

great cockatil sauce, good luck with your class

sweetlife

Stephanie McGee said...

BTW, you win.

http://laugh-love-eat.blogspot.com/

Because I'm not busy enough. I might still occasionally ramble about food/culinary school on the writing blog. But this will be the primary location for such things.